Featured Post

SIX KEYS TO A LITERARY GENETIC CODE

In essays on the subject of centricity, I've most often used the image of a geometrical circle, which, as I explained here,  owes someth...

Monday, August 24, 2009

SHORT POST ON DAMN LONG BASTERDS

I saw INGLORIOUS BASTERDS last weekend. There are a number of standout scenes, but for every good scene, there's one where Tarantino just drags the "suspense" out so tediously that I was begging for the "Jew Bear" to bash out my brains so I wouldn't feel compelled to watch any more.

And I seem to be one of the few who garnered some enjoyment out of the overly-long talky-talk scenes in DEATH PROOF, which many found excruciating.

I may be able to enjoy IB better on DVD, where I can fast-forward past these clunkers.

("Jew Bear" is a character in the film, BTW.)

No comments: