Featured Post

SIX KEYS TO A LITERARY GENETIC CODE

In essays on the subject of centricity, I've most often used the image of a geometrical circle, which, as I explained here,  owes someth...

Saturday, September 26, 2020

QUICK TRUMP RALLY POST

 I've been discussing the question of President Trump's rallies on a political forum, and decided I would preserve one of my responses here, in case I choose to expand upon it later.


__________________

I'm not especially happy about the possible contagious effect of the rallies. But I'm also not happy about the definite effect of the riots that have been championed by extremists like Omar and Ocasio-Cortez. If we as citizens were not dealing with a Left gone totally bonkers, I might well join you in condemning Trump for the rallies. But at present I consider the spread of Progressive extremism to be the greater danger. I wish people who attend the rallies would observe all of the precautions even if they don't believe in them, but it's their decision to risk their lives, not Trump's. 


To some extent the Dems have crafted Biden's "cautious citizen" image with an eye to portraying him as a model of probity, which admittedly Trump could never be. I'm not sure that his image is the only reason that they're keeping Biden in the basement, though, and if he becomes President and empowers the Progressives, I consider that at least potentially as harmful as Covid.



No comments: