Featured Post

SIX KEYS TO A LITERARY GENETIC CODE

In essays on the subject of centricity, I've most often used the image of a geometrical circle, which, as I explained here,  owes someth...

Saturday, January 24, 2009

JOURNAL BELLES

(And just so I don't neglect my other old sparring-partners, here's a revised song I did for a messboard years ago)

Ohhhhh--

Journal Belles, Journal Belles,
Journal all the way,
Oh what fun it is to ride
A hobbyhorse all day,
Hey!

Journal Belles, Journal Belles,
The superhero's bane,
If you don't like alternatives
Then "fanboy" be thy name.

Slashing through Frank Cho
Giving Sim and Miller sass
Slanting Harlan's coverage
Got GAUNTLET on their ass!

Bashing Peter David
Made no one look too bright,
What fun it is to chide and sting
And start a great big fight!

Oh, Journal Belles, Journal Belles,
The patrons of the arts,
Too bad their current criticism
Is
Not
Worth
Six
Wet
Faaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrts--!

No comments: