Featured Post

SIX KEYS TO A LITERARY GENETIC CODE

In essays on the subject of centricity, I've most often used the image of a geometrical circle, which, as I explained here,  owes someth...

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

THE QUICK STAT CHECK JUMPED OVER THE LAZY BLOG

I don't remember to look at the blogstats provided by Google very often, probably in part because I don't expect them to be very high (and indeed, they aren't). But I have to wonder what causes some of my pages to get viewed (assuming that Google's stats are accurate).

NON NON SHAENON PART 1 has the second highest stats in the last month. That makes sense since I posted about Garrity on THE BEAT, though it's kind of odd that the pageviews for the second part are only half of Part 1. Still, I can put that down to the fact that a lot of BEAT readers probably looked up Part 1 when the BEATpost was fresh in their minds and didn't remember/trouble to tune in for Part 2.

The top first, third, and fourth, though, are all older essays, to wit:

HO HUM, BATMAN'S GAY AGAIN
THEORY OF SADISM
CARICATURE ANALYSIS

Well, I think, two of those deal with sex and the last deals with race, so probably some like-minded browsers just jumped on some of the subject headings and ended up in the same places. Still, I'm surprised that one of the new "superhero idiom" essays tied for fifth place with KNOWING THE DYNAMIS FROM THE DYNAMIC, whose title isn't exactly the most enthralling I've ever conceived. Maybe it's the Doctor Who-Stargate comparison that drew some interest?

Curious and (probably to become) curiouser.

No comments: