Featured Post

SIX KEYS TO A LITERARY GENETIC CODE

In essays on the subject of centricity, I've most often used the image of a geometrical circle, which, as I explained here,  owes someth...

Thursday, November 23, 2023

NULL-MYTHS: THE HAUNTED WORLD OF EL SUPERBEASTO (2007)

 I read this collection of stories online and have not been able to find out if the stories made individual appearances except in TPB format. But frankly, it's not something I care much about.

The comic is apparently filmmaker Rob Zombie's goofy salute to monster flicks and Mexican luchador movies. The titular Superbeasto is a brawny ex-wrestler who goes around hitting bars and hitting on bimbos (Santo would be aghast). He keeps getting mixed up in adventures with monsters, Martians and super-villains, amid lots of nudity and bad jokes, nine-tenths of which are pop culture references.

If I wasn't going to do a review of the animated SUPERBEASTO film I probably wouldn't have written this much about this non-comical comic book. But I did like this splash page by artist Kieron Dwyer.



No comments: